Monday, July 3, 2017

070217 12x16 Happy Fourth of July, Fireworks, Lake Lemon

This painting was done "en plein air" ​at the fireworks display on Lake Lemon, Indiana.  I first drove to the park where the fireworks were being launched but when I realized they had closed the beach and everyone was setting up on a hillside with no water view, I decided to go back to the causeway so I could see the fireworks reflected in the lake.
People were setting up not only at Riddle Point Park, but South Shore Drive, North Shore Drive, private piers and homes, and in boats on the lake. I set up on the causeway and started the painting at dusk before the fireworks started. 
I continued painting in the dark while they were going off. I was literally painting blind! I had a small headlight I would turn on occasionally to check the progress and mix colors. 
When the show ended, a roaring cheer and clapping went up all around the lake echoing off the hills and water.  An awesome display of patriotism!
"July 2, 2017, Fireworks at Lake Lemon", plein air, oil on panel, 12" x 16", Code #070217 12x16, c. 2017 by Charlene Marsh


 

Happy 4th of July and May God bless America!

Thanks for following along!

Happy Trails!

Cheers,

Charlene 

No comments:

Post a Comment