Sunday, September 18, 2016

080916 12x12 Deep End of the Pool


This is another plein air from the Brown County State Park as part of the Art in the Park Project Grant I received from the Indiana Arts Commission and the Department of Natural Resources. 

I set up in one spot at the pool but ended up moving to another spot.  People constantly on the move can make it difficult to compose a painting!
I settled on a location on the right side of the deep end with the diving boards.
I start the painting by blocking in the deep rich blue of the pool.
I add the background and start popping in the swimmers, one gesture at a time!
These young ladies were two pairs of sisters in the park on a camping trip, enjoying the final days of summer before returning to school.  They saw me starting to pack up my painting and came over to see the final result.

Here is the final painting:
"Deep End of the Pool, August 9, 2016", plein air oil on panel, 12" x 12", c. Charlene Marsh

Happy Trails!

Charlene 
P.S.  Be sure to sign up for THE ART BRUSH newsletter where you can receive news, tips, special pricing, exhibitions, and more!  As a bonus, when you subscribe, you will immediately receive a FREE one page report on How to Create Health, Wealth, and Harmony Using Fine Art!


No comments:

Post a Comment