Sunday, April 25, 2021

Daffodils in Spring, April 5, 2021

 POSTED ON 

040521 12x16 Daffodils in Spring

Daffodils in Spring, April 5, 2021

Spring is bursting forth here in Brown County!  Daffodils, redbuds, fruit trees, ornamental flowering shrubs, dogwoods and more are all in bloom!  The forest is starting to green up.  Such a magical time!

So I painted this group of daffodils in the front bed of my studio.  Normally, I like to stand while I paint, especially when painting outside, en plein air.   Standing, I have full movement of my arms and body to dance back and forth while painting and move around for different angles and views.  For this painting, I wanted to get up close and personal so I set up my easel and pochade right next to the flowers.  In fact, I didn’t even use the tripod.  I just set the pochade on the ground.  I ended up sitting on my backpack to provide a small cushion against the jagged rocks and soil.

Here’s a short video I made while painting:

 

Field Notes


I like to write the field notes on the back of the painting as soon as I get back to the studio.

My field notes on the back of the painting read:  “Daffodils in the front bed at artist’s studio. 3-5 p.m. Hot!  High 76°.  Tommy got into the flowers a couple of times.  Plein air oil painting.”

And here is the finished painting:

040521 12x16 Daffodils in Spring
“Daffodils in the Spring, April 5, 2021″, plein air oil on panel, 12″ x 16”,  ©Charlene Marsh, Code #040521 12×16.

You can purchase the painting Here at a special VIP price until April 25, 2021.  No coupon needed.

Thanks for tuning in!

Happy Trails,

Charlene

P.S.  I have created a new Gallery page with a dozen or so categories of paintings.  Categories include plein air winter, spring, summer, fall, flowers, figures, weddings, and more.  Each painting has a code number so if anyone is interested in a commission piece or a live painting event, they can easily identify which painting(s) they particularly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment