Tuesday, October 5, 2021

 

Caleb and Jessica’s Wedding Sketches

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding

Caleb and Jessica’s Wedding

Caleb and Jessica were married on September 18, 2021 at the Sixpence in Whitestown, just north of Indianapolis, a gorgeous rural setting on a perfect fall day.  The wedding painting package that was ordered included an 18″ x 24″ wedding painting and three hours of live sketching at the wedding and reception.

So, I arrived at 2 p.m. for a 3:30 p.m. wedding.  I like to scope out the venue and take some reference photos before things get started.  For the wedding painting, I prefer to collect my own visual information to make sure I get what I want for the painting.  I make sure to shoot the venue from all angles, the cake, the flowers, and any other visual information I may need later.  Since I never know what I might need once I dive into the painting, I try to cover all bases.

Wedding Sketches

For Caleb and Jessica’s wedding, I started sketching during the ceremony and continued through the cocktail hour and reception.  Some of the sketches are given to the guests during the reception so I don’t have pictures of those.  These sketches will be given to the bridal couple.

These are quick gestural sketches captured as people moved about.  No one was posing.  Sometimes I would just start a sketch and the person would move away so I would start again.  Sometimes, a  guest would pose long enough for me to do the sketch and then I gave it to them.

Here is a sampling of wedding sketches.

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Caleb and Jessica’s Wedding Vows.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Outside during the cocktail hour.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Line at the bar during the cocktail hour.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Bridesmaid and guests during the cocktail hour.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Guest at the bar.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Bridesmaid.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Flower girl in the arms of a bridesmaid.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Guests at dinner.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Bride greeting guests at dinner.

 

Caleb and Jessica's Wedding
Bridesmaid visiting a table at dinner.

The composition for the final painting has been worked out and will feature the “First Dance” and include, in addition to the newlyweds, the bridesmaids, the wedding cake, the backdrop, and the venue with it’s large windows and stunning chandelier.  I will share the progress of the painting in future blogs.

Thanks for following along!

Happy trails,

Charlene

P.S. In the meantime, I am busy getting ready for the 12th Annual October Open House which is next weekend!  Everyone is welcome!

October 9, 10, 11, 2021:  12th Annual October Open House, Charlene Marsh Studio and Gallery

  • 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday.
  • 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Sunday.
  • 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday, Columbus Day.

Location and Contact

The gallery is located at 4013 Lanam Ridge Road, Nashville, Indiana, 47448.

If you cannot attend the October Open House, please make an appointment to visit by calling the studio/gallery at 812-988-4497 or emailing Char@CharleneMarsh.com.

Visitors welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment