Sunday, October 9, 2022

Let's Tango!

 

Let’s Tango!

Wedding Painting

Let’s Tango!

I’ve got to admit.  I love weddings and wedding paintings.  Everything is so beautiful.  Everyone is so happy.  The bride and groom, the guests, the gown, the cake, the flowers, the food, the venue, and the music are all gorgeous and joyful.  Weddings are fun.  People connecting with old and new friends and family.

So, I love painting weddings.  And want to share with you a little nugget of joy today.  This is a 6″ x 6″ painting of a bridal couple dancing their “First Dance” together.

Tango Wedding Painting
First Dance Tango Wedding Painting

Details:

Tango Wedding Painting
First Dance Tango Painting, detail.

 

Tango Wedding Painting
First Dance Painting, detail.

Let me know if you would like a wedding painting!  I can attend your event or work from photos.  A wedding painting makes a fabulous gift!

Dumping Bench Seats

Setting up a woodshop in the barn has taken some of my time recently.  Moving equipment and tables, running an electric line and hanging lights.  But first I had to move out of the barn two bench seats from my old Ford Windstar minivan.  The van bit the dust two years ago but the bench seats were stored in the barn because I never used them in the van.  The van was for hauling stuff.

The Windstar started out being my vehicle for doing shows. Winnie the Windstar went with me to shows in Coconut Grove, Winter Park, White Plains, NY, Gatlinburg, Saint Louis, and too many other places to remember.  She was a good car I had for nearly twenty years.  When I outgrew the minivan I upgraded to a cargo van and kept the minivan for local errands.  Hauling trash, recycles, hay, straw, and sometimes art and art show gear.

Spicers

So, anyway, when she bit the dust, the bench seats were in the barn and in the way.  I had to call around to find someone to take them.  Hopes of selling them or dumping for free faded quickly.  I ended up wrestling them into the back of my truck, with the help of a neighbor, and deposited them at Spicer’s Refuse just outside of Nashville. Had to pay $15 per seat to dump them.

Wood Shop

Woodshop at the Barn
Miter Saw

Setting Up

But now I have room in the foyer of the barn to set up my miter saw with a sold, wood floor underneath.  Took some other equipment like an electric hand sander and circular saw to the barn as well and ran an electric line back there.  Still need to replace plastic on the windows and tweak things once see what I need.

Woodshop at the Barn
Hand sander with cut pieces for cradle boards.  A circular saw is on a workbench in the background.

The shop lights may need to be adjusted.  I need more light in the sanding area where I also measure the lumber before cutting it.

Woodshop at the Barn
Another view of the hand sander and cut pieces for cradle boards.

I dug out an old analog radio to use at the barn and it worked great when tested up at the house.  But once I got to the barn, it was so low as to be barely audible.  After some more experimenting, I found if the volume was turned all the way up, the sound went down.  If I dialed it back a tad, the volume was great.  Go figure.

Woodshop at the Barn
Miter saw in the closed position.

More Clean Up and Organizing

I still want to clean out the grain room and lean-to.  But I need to make some cradle boards first!  Getting ready for a Christmas event where I will be releasing new oil paintings, suitable for gift giving, every day for thirty days.  Stay tuned for more information!

Whenever I sell a painting, I want my collectors to be able to take it home and hang it up right away.  If they have to go out and buy a frame, the painting could sit for weeks, months, or forever and never get hung.  Even if they want to switch out the frame, at least they can hang it and enjoy it until they get a new frame.

Small Cradled Panels in the Making

Cradled panels
Cradled panels

When it came time to glue the pieces to my panels, I took them to the studio where the temperatures won’t get too cold for drying and curing the glue.  Next, I will add a nail to each end and use some wood filler on the corners.

Strip Frames

One comment by a visitor to my booth at a recent show was that the new strip frames echoed the trees in the paintings and looked really good.  They are so right!  The strip frame just looks like another tree in the landscape.  I love it!

Four Season Grouping
Four season grouping of oil paintings with strip frames that echo the trees in the painting.

For the smaller paintings, I will use a smaller scale strip for the frames.

That’s it for now!

Enjoy the changing seasons.

I love and appreciate you very much!

Happy trails,

Charlene

P.S.  You are always welcome to visit my studio/gallery here in Brown County, Indiana.  Just call (812-988-4497) or email me (Char@CharleneMarsh.com) to make sure I am available at the time you’d like to visit.

Tango

No comments:

Post a Comment