Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Dry and Windy Day in Yellowwood, October 24, 2022

 

Dry and Windy Day in Yellowwood, October 24, 2022

"Dry and Windy Day in Yellowwood, October 24, 2022", plein air oil painting, 16" x 12", c. Charlene Marsh. Code #102422 16x12.

“Dry and Windy Day in Yellowwood, October 24, 2022”

Here is a fall painting that got left behind in the craziness leading up to the holidays.

Details:

plein air oil painting, 16" x 12", c. Charlene Marsh. Code #102422 16x12.
Detail, “Dry and Windy Day in Yellowwood, October 24, 2022″, plein air oil painting, 16″ x 12”, ©Charlene Marsh. Code #102422 16×12.

Field Notes

I always write my field notes on the back of the painting later in the evening after I get back to the studio.

These are the notes on the back of the painting:

“Plein air, warm 75°, overcast, windy, at the back of my property, dry, drought.  Yellowwood State Forest, Nashville, Brown County, Indiana, plein air oil.”

Detail, "Dry and Windy Day in Yellowwood, October 24, 2022", plein air oil painting, 16" x 12", ©Charlene Marsh. Code #102422 16x12.
Detail, plein air oil painting, 16″ x 12″, ©Charlene Marsh. Code #102422 16×12.

Finished Painting

"Dry and Windy Day in Yellowwood, October 24, 2022", plein air oil painting, 16" x 12", c. Charlene Marsh. Code #102422 16x12.
“Dry and Windy Day in Yellowwood, October 24, 2022″, plein air oil painting, 16″ x 12”, c. Charlene Marsh. Code #102422 16×12.

The cold, dark days of winter are a perfect time to take a course.  So, I’ve had my nose in the books studying a business marketing course.  And there is a lot to learn!  Whew!  Once the weather warms up, I am busy with outside projects like gardening and mowing.  And this spring, as soon as I get 2-3 dry warm days, I need to clean out a shed to move and re-set up my woodshop in it.  Right now, the woodshop is in the barn but I have decided, to better accommodate my new table saw, I need to relocate the woodshop.  Pretty bad timing on my part to decide to do this just as winter was settling in.  LOL.

That’s it for now!  Thanks so much for checking in!  I really appreciate you.

Love and hugs,

Charlene

P.S.  Over the years I have had numerous requests to teach painting.  I used to teach, a long time ago, at a local art center but got too busy with touring shows.  So I am planning to set up a course to better serve you.  The course will be online so that you can attend no matter where you live!  Woo hoo!  Tentatively, I am going to start with a course on plein air painting in the forest.  Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to see me cover.  Stay tuned for details.  If you are not already a VIP, sign up to be updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment