Saturday, October 22, 2016

091116 12x16 no2 Zinnias and Marigolds by the Goldfish Pool

This is a plein air oil painting done by the goldfish pool in my front yard.  I made the glass sculpture from recycled glass and it features blue glass with a crystal topper birdbath.  I planted zinnias and marigold seeds early in the summer just so I could paint the flowers by the pool. 


There is also a potted habenaro pepper plant loaded with orange peppers on the right side of the painting.  I have wintered over that habenaro plant for several years now.  Nothing like a year round supply of hot peppers!  I learned my lesson the year I got bit by a copperhead and was laid up for two months.  My garden fell apart and I didn't get any hot peppers to dry and grind.  When I tried to buy organic hot peppers in the winter I discovered they were totally wimpy!!  No fire!

"Zinnias and Marigolds by the Goldfish Pool, September 11, 2016", plein air oil on panel, 12" x 16", c. Charlene Marsh

Thanks for following along!

Happy Trails!

Charlene 

P.S.  Be sure to sign up for THE ART BRUSH newsletter where you can receive news, tips, special pricing, exhibitions, and more!  As a bonus, when you subscribe, you will immediately receive a FREE one page report on How to Create Health, Wealth, and Harmony Using Fine Art!


No comments:

Post a Comment