Wednesday, June 21, 2017

052617 S 18x24 Rosy Sunset with Boats vs2

This version of the boat painting (and likely the last for awhile!) I created because I loved the one I did for a client with the rosy sky and decided to do another version of it.
I start with a drawing of the boats and then mix a black hue from Cadmium Red Medium and Ultramarine Blue with a touch of Cadmium Yellow Light and start blocking in the darkest values on the painting.
 I mix a rusty red color for the boat bottoms and the fisherman's shed.
Using Cerulean Blue and Cadmium Red Medium to mix a grey-blue, I block in the sides of the boats and the fishing nets.
For the light blue on the sides and rooftops of the boats, I mix a touch of Cerulean Blue with Titanium White.
I use the same Cerulean Blue and White mix to block in the top of the sky.  A rosy color is mixed using Cadmium Red Medium, Primary Red-Magenta and Titanium White and is blocked in starting at the horizon line and onto the water reflections.
The sky blue and rosy sunset colors are mixed to get the mid-section of the sky where the two hues meet and mingle.
Finally, I add the rigging and other details.  I keep fine tuning the lines and values and water until I am satisfied.
"Rosy Sunset on Boats", oil on panel, 18" x 24", Code #052617 S 18x24, c. 2017 Charlene Marsh.
 
Great news!  This painting is AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE  You can see a magnification, details, and purchase it HERE.

Thanks for tuning in and following along!
Happy Trails!
Cheers,
Charlene 

 

Thanks for tuning in and following along!

Happy Trails!

Cheers,

Charlene 

No comments:

Post a Comment