Thursday, February 4, 2016

Cold Snowy Day in the Forest Code #012216 12x12


"Cold Snowy Day in the Forest, January 22, 2016", oil on panel, 12" x 12", c. Charlene Marsh




















I painted this snow scene out on location and it was COLD!  The temperatures hovered in the high twenties and never did get above freezing.  The sun was out and I wanted to go out while the sun was high in the sky, casting lovely blue shadows on the snow.  

I had a hard time getting any good pictures of the painting in progress because there was a large tree down across the creek and my set up was right next to it making it impossible to get back for a shot.  I climbed up on the creek bank for this shot.

This one, I was actually under the downed tree to try to show the set up.  My easel and I were were set up in the creek.



This is a picture of the painting in progress.  I used my camera phone and not sure why it came out blurry.  I am not even sure I should post such a lousy picture!  Tight shot because I was working in a tight area. 



Here is the finished painting.  I'm pretty happy with the final result.  Nice color, light on the hills, and lovely periwinkle shadows on the snow.  Whenever I finish up a painting out in the snow, I realize just how cold my toes have gotten!  I pack up the painting, easel, and tripod and take a hike to warm up a bit. 


"Cold Snowy Day in the Forest, January 22, 2016", oil on panel, 12" x 12", c. Charlene Marsh
Thanks so much for checking in!  Hope you are having a great winter season!

Charlene

P.S.  Be sure to sign up for both this blog and for my email newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment