Saturday, July 29, 2017

Starve Hollow Beach Demo vs2, 071517 12x12

I am still at the Starve Hollow State Recreational Area demonstrating my plein air painting techniques on the beach.  This is the second painting in my demo.  The day warmed up quite nicely and more people came out to the beach.  Campers in the park hiked and biked over.

I already did one painting, a 12" x 16" but there is still a bit of time left to do a second one. 
So I got set up with a new, pre-tinted panel and decided to focus on a blue tent set up on the beach with some people lounging underneath.  I first blocked in the dark green of the trees at the edge of the beach and water.
 I also blocked in the dark figures under the canopy before painting in the blue tent and the cerulean sky.
Then I added the sandy beach and the water reflecting the blue of the sky.  This beach goer stopped by to check the progress.
Her brother joined her to see the painting.  I fine tuned the figures  and the kids recognized themselves in the painting.  After I was done painting, I packed up my painting gear and went for a swim.  The water was absolutely perfect!  I swam the length of the beach (in the deep end) and turned around and swam back.   Probably a good half mile or so.  I have a dive mask with my eyeglasses prescription which really helps.

Here is the finished painting:
"Starve Hollow Beach, July 15, 2017, #2", plein air oil painting, 12" x 12", by Charlene Marsh.

Thanks for following along!

Happy Trails.

Cheers,

Charlene 
  "This activity is made possible with support by the Indiana Arts Commission and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources OR Name of appropriate State Historic Site."
 http://www.in.gov/arts/files/IndianaArtsCommission-logo.png



http://www.in.gov/arts/files/DNR-SP_color_logoFINAL%20copy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment