Here's a list of frame suppliers to suit a wide variety of needs. Many serve both the wholesale and retail markets. Wholesale only are listed towards the end. I'll continue to add to this list as I learn of new suppliers.
- ArtfulPictureFrames.com This company serves both wholesale and retail customers. Good quality frames at good prices.
- ArtFrames.com Serves artists and collectors. Carries a beautiful Tuscany linen frame with a touch of gold I am in love with. Popped this painting sample in it to see how it looked. The proportions aren't right but I get an idea of how it would look with this painting. I'm salivating. Yum.
- DickBlick.com Affordable frames and art supplies. For artists and collectors.
- www.FrankenFrames.com "Affordable, classy frames". For the artist and collector.
- www.CanvasPlace.com Shadow box and floater frames. For the artist and collector.
- www.KingOfFrame.com Quality plein air frames for the collector and artist.
- www.MetroFrame.com Floater frames for paintings. For the artist and collector.
- JerrysArtarama.com Wholesale and retail art supplies and frames. Free shipping if you meet minimum order requirements.
- ASWexpress.com This is a wholesale club with a membership fee and is best for artists who buy a quantity of frames and art supplies. The catch is that the shipping fees can eat up any discount. The same people own ASW and Jerry's (which often offers free shipping) so I usually compare the deals at both sites before placing an order.
- www.JFM.net Wholesale only. Very good quality. Check to see what they have in stock.
- www.FloridaFrames.com Frames for the wholesale market. Lots of plein air styles to choose from.
- www.OmegaMoulding.com Wholesale only. Very high quality, beautiful frames. Frame moulding lengths or chopped and joined. Regional delivery with their own vans - great for large frames that tend to get damaged with commercial shippers. Based in Chicago and New York.
- www.CashMoulding.com Wholesale only. Large selection of moulding (chopped and joined, if needed) from many suppliers. Regional delivery with their own vehicles - great for large frames that tend to get damaged with commercial shippers. They are based in Birmingham, AL.
- http://www.laframe.com/ Just discovered this supplier and I still need to check them out but they have some different styles I haven't seen but have been looking for.
- www.AspenMoulding.com This company, based in Indianapolis, caters to art galleries, frame shops, artists, photographers, interior designers, decorators, and art consultants. You must have a tax ID number to purchase from them.
- www.San Diego Frame Company.com This is a wholesale company of ready made and custom frames based in California. They own the factory across the border in Mexico and can custom make whatever you want. They make the mouldings and can finish the frames to your specifications. High quality.
Thanks for tuning in!
P.S. Be sure to sign up for both my email newsletter and this blog to receive regular updates. Thanks!