Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Frankie Doggie Portrait vs 2 111515 S 12x12

This is the second painting of my dog, Frankie, who was a three legged rescue from our local Brown County Humane Society.  You can see the first painting and how it was created HERE as well as some more info about Frankie.


This is the photo I used for the painting.  He looks so happy with a big smile on his face!
I started with a quick sketch and then blocked in the blacks and rusts on his head and face.
I used purples for the shadows to work with the complementary color, yellow, used in the whites of his fur.  I added his bright, hunter orange collar, bright pink tongue, and sparkling eyes that capture his sweet, gentle personality and happy demeanor.
"Happy Dog Frankie, version 2", oil on panel, 12" x 12", c. Charlene Marsh, Code #111515 S 12x12.

Thanks for following along.  Happy Trails!

Cheers,

Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment