Sunday, November 20, 2016

102416 16x12 Turquoise Water

Another plein air fall painting on a sunny, clear day.  This is a favorite spot along my regular two mile trail.  Temps were mid-50s to 60 degrees and falling as the afternoon turned to evening.  As I was finishing up, I heard a deer cry off to one side and first thought Kendra, my dog, was after it but, instead, she was curled up nearby, albeit ears perked at that moment. Still not sure what upset the deer  -- maybe she realized she was about to encounter a human and dog back in her woods!

I just loved the turquoise color of the water due to the shale rock.  I mixed the shale using cerulean blue and a touch of cadmium yellow light and cadmium red medium. 

"Turquoise Water, October 24, 2016", plein air oil painting, 16" x 12", c. Charlene Marsh.

Thanks for stopping by.  

Happy Trails!

Charlene

P.S.  I am getting ready to launch some new paintings exclusively to my subscribers so be sure to sign up for THE ART BRUSH newsletter where, in addition to receiving info about the new artwork that will be available(at special pricing), you can receive art news, color, decorating, and feng shui tips, news about exhibitions, and more!  As a bonus, when you subscribe, you will immediately receive a FREE one page report on How to Create Health, Wealth, and Harmony Using Fine Art!

No comments:

Post a Comment